Retrofit Double Glazing
For a warmer home in winter
Winterglaze Double Glazing is designed to reduce heat loss through inefficient single pane windows, which up till now, have been the traditional windows installed in NZ homes. A single pane of glass quickly conducts precious warmth from inside your home, to the outside environment, which is a waste of energy and money.
How does Winterglaze Retrofit Double Glazing Work?
Retrofit double glazing units fit into a home's current windows, providing a double 'layer' of glass with a pocket of air (or special gas) sealed in between. It is this separation between the panes that provides the insulation for the window, as seen by the diagram to the right.
Why choose Winterglaze for your Retrofit Double Glazing?
The Winterglaze system is only available through authorised Winterglaze dealers, who have the knowledge and expertise to advise and install the correct Retrofit configuration for your home. Winterglaze Retrofit units are manufactured from high quality components, including the NZ manufactured Insulated Glass Units, which are vital to the quality of insulation offered. With a 5 year warranty and the backing of the nationwide HomePlus group, you can feel reassured that your double glazing needs will be expertly taken care of.
What are some of the advantages of Winterglaze Retrofit Double Glazing?
- Reducing heat loss - installation of standard IGU's (Insulating Glass Units) can decrease heat loss by between 47-54%, this can be dramatically improved by upgrading to a speciality gas instead of air in the sealed units, or special reflective glass products
- Reduction of window condensation (when used together with adequate ventilation), Winterglaze Retrofit Double Glazing can noticeably reduce the amount of condensation on windows
- Colour matched to existing joinery - by matching Winterglaze Retrofit units to current joinery the visual impact is virtually non-existent.
- 5 year warranty
- Corrosion resistant and available in a range of frame colours
- Noise reduction - Winterglaze Retrofit doubling glazing can reduce noise by up to 25% and even more with upgraded IGU units.